Chevrolet 5.7L (350) Vortec Crate Engine for 2500/3500
This 5.7L 350 L31 Vortec truck engine is found in thousands of 3/4 and 1 ton 1996-2002 Chevrolet and GMC pickups, Suburbans and full-size vans. All new from GM, it features Vortec-style, cast-iron cylinder heads, a one-piece rear main seal, and hydraulic roller lifters.
The 12530283 features 4-bolt main caps and is a direct replacement for 2500 and 3500 1996-2002 L31-equipped vehicles.
NOT designed for 1/2 ton (1500) applications, for 1/2 ton vehicles click here. NOT designed for marine use.
12530283 Chevy Crate Motor
- 1996-2000 style block, 4 bolt mains, 1-piece rear seal (no fuel pump provision)
- Nodular iron crankshaft, powdered metal connecting rods
- Hypereutectic pistons (9.4:1 compression ratio)
- Hydraulic roller camshaft: Int Lift .414", Ext Lift .428", Int Duration @.050" 191, Ext Duration @ .050" 196, Lobe Centerline-111
- Vortec cylinder heads - 64cc (1.94'' intake valve, 1.50'' exhaust valve)
For your convenience we also offer this engine with two levels of completion to help you get up and running again!
- Click here for this engine + Level 1 Install Kit (P/N 12530283K1)
- Click here for this engine + Level 2 Install Kit (P/N 12530283K2)
View a full list of 5.7L 350 V8 Chevy Crate Motors.
1996-2002 Chevrolet Express / GMC Savana (G2,G3)
1996-2000 Chevrolet / GMC Pickup (CK2,CK3)
1996-2000 GMC Suburban (CK2,CK3)
1996-1999 Chevrolet / GMC Chassis (P3)
Note: 4 bolt mains. May require valve covers to be transferred from original engine for some applications. Service engine block contains English threads. When used for 2001 and newer vehicles, must also use 2000 MY starter/transmission/engine mounting bolts. NOT designed for 1/2 ton (1500) applications, for 1/2 ton vehicles click here. NOT designed for marine use.
Chevrolet Performance 12530283 5.7L 350 L31-R Long Block Assembly
Part Number: 12530283
Brand: GM OE Engine
Additional $50.00 Discount Applied in Cart!
FREE $50.00 VISA Gift Card!
All Orders over $1000.00
All Orders over $99.00